In the case of undergraduate students (that is, those studying for their first degree) St John’s College only accepts applications from students intending to study at the University of Sydney. Any offer of admissions is subject to the applicant enrolling in a University of Sydney degree program.
In the case of graduate students (that is, those who have already completed a university degree) the College is willing to consider applications from students intending to (or already enrolled) in a program at another university.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form
- Arrange for two references to complete Referee Reports
- Pay the $175.00 non-refundable application fee.
The application form should take approximately 20 – 60 minutes to complete. It doesn’t allow for previous steps to be opened once they are saved sp please ensure that your information is entered correctly before progressing to the next step.
As well as other questions, the application form asks for the following information. Please ensure you have this ready when starting:
- secondary school details and latest results
- proposed or current degree course information
- information about your sporting, cultural, and community involvement
- answers to three personal statements: Why do you wish to study your first preference degree/course? What do you find interesting about this course? (250 – 500 words), What role does faith play in your life? (250 – 500 words), Tell us about an interest you have, or a recent experience, which you found absorbing. Why has this been worth spending your time on? (250 – 500 words)
- passport photograph (JPEG,TIFF or PNG format)
- name and contact details of two referees who you have asked to complete a Referee Report in support of your application.
- credit card details for non-refundable application fee of $175.00.
For further details about the application process please see this page of the website: http://www.stjohnscollege.edu.au/prospective-students/application-process/
And if you have any difficulties completing the application or you have any questions relating to the process, please contact the Registrar: email@example.com or 02 9394 5000.